An irreverent look at motherhood and family life in a new state of normal.

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

A Little Breakdown

Finally had a little break down. After several nights that mimicked my last post, I had what felt like an asthma attack. I'm not sure what it was all about but I had been having issues the day before with the aftermath of pregnancy so I am going to assume it had to do with that. I went ahead and asked my husband if he would be ok with staying and helping me this morning and he obliged. I'm feeling better this afternoon. Thank goodness afternoons are easy. Abby down for a nap, baby in a good sleeping pattern, sun out and Daddy coming home at 3 or 3:30. I think I can handle the afternoon. So much for getting in a schedule though. Anyone else have issues pop up 3 weeks after giving birth? Comment about it. We all need to share so I don't feel like such a hypochondriac moron sicko....

2 comments:

  1. Callie,
    I don't have kids and have not experienced the evenings that you describe but I do understand "Little Breakdown"s. Sounds to me like you had a panic attack. Which wouldn't be strange with the lack of sleep and postpartum hormones you are experiencing. Did you feel like you might be loosing your mind? Fear of being left alone? Physical symptoms like racing heartbeat, sweating, shortness of breath, chest pain, but the worst of it is the mental part, the feeling that you're loosing your mind and you don't know what's going on? Maybe I'm way off, what do you think? It's probably a one time incident but if it happens again talk to your doctor about it, there are options.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kinda doubt the panic attack as my only symptom was the shortness of breath and the chest tightening. But I do panic every now and then. Mostly this is accompanied by crying and a bath with one kid in the hamper/moses basket by the tub and the other one with Daddy... LOL!

    ReplyDelete