An irreverent look at motherhood and family life in a new state of normal.

Sunday, March 21, 2010

The Cutest Darn Things

As I lay Cate down so I can type, Abby is using the grippy buttons on my socks as cell phone keys and then trying to talk on my foot to her cousin Sebbie. It's a crack up. She does the cutest darn things all the time.

We were in the car the other day and Cate was screaming bloody murder because she wasn't being held for about 20 minutes out of the day and Abby was holding her little tightly gripped fist and soothing her with, "It's ok, baby sister. It's alright." If you know what her voice sounds like, you will think this is the cutest thing.

Later, her daddy was taking a nap and she kissed him repeatedly saying that he needed kissing.

She sings to herself in bed and gets excited about drawing noses. She reads books in an incoherent language she made up and runs back and forth to her room taking care of her baby dolls and then tossing them aside to deal with something completely unrelated. She cries about the dog being outside and jumps up and down when we come home, even if we were only downstairs to change the laundry. She does mommy's hair and wants to "hole da beebee." How will I remember all this later? How can I keep her at the most perfect age and let her grow up at the same time? How can I cherish every moment even when she is driving me nuts?

2 comments:

  1. Just like you are Callie. Cherishing every moment and storing the precious things into your meory to look back on and smile. I feel the same way about the boys. Seb and Davy are growing up so fast it makes me sad some times. But then I remember all the cute things and fun moments and I look forward tomorrow....I think I need to get off of here and give my little ones a few kisses and mommy time. :) Bye

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm right there with you. Christina says the cutest things, does the cutest things. I LOVE this age. She wants hugs and kisses constantly, which I certainly don't mind obliging. I have started trying to write things down that she says because I know I won't remember them and I want to get them documented eventually. Cherish every day!

    Carol Hugelheim

    ReplyDelete