An irreverent look at motherhood and family life in a new state of normal.

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Insomnia

Well, just like the last pregnancy the insomnia is setting in. It is very hard not to cry every night when I wake up at 2 am and can't get back to sleep. I have read several books, taken up a vicious video game habit and am getting very frustrated.

The worst part is that when I first wake up, I try and get back to sleep as fast as possible but all the things I did that day that may have been "wrong" go through my head over and over and over. Last night I gave the wrong version of a test to some unsuspecting and very vulnerable freshmen. Poor kids couldn't figure out why they failed and all of them were feeling really crappy. I tossed and turned over that one most of the wee hours of the morning.

After finally getting back to sleep, I will wake in the morning feeling like I forgot something important and I will have that feeling all day. You know that feeling you get in the pit of your stomach? Like, "I left the oven on and the house is burning down and it's all my fault." Yeah, that feeling... all day. I hate it.

1 comment:

  1. Callie, you should try Catnip! It worked for me, it took about a week or so but after that I was able to sleep, and of course you can take it while you are pregnant!!! They sell it at Nature's Pharmacy and actually they probably sell it at Earth Fare too!!

    ReplyDelete