An irreverent look at motherhood and family life in a new state of normal.

Friday, December 4, 2009

I give up... Come on, Christmas!

The little tree that could is no longer. Due to my inherent lack of a green thumb, we have had to make rosemary butter out of what was to be the Christmas bush. Today, Andy browsed Home Depot for something I can't kill and found a 5 foot pre-lit tree. We are going to make some ornaments and I'm making some stockings for us to hang... I'm not sure where. Maybe over a heating vent or something. Anyway, let the frivolous Christmas decorating begin. We are officially on the path of financial ruin around the holidays and for some reason, I just can't say no to it all. Stockings, tree. Next thing you know, I'll be out selling my hair for an X-Box.

2 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHA!!! Do you have enough hair? It's the thought that counts. The Dollar store is a great place for Christmas decorations on a bugdet and even for little kid toys. They have dolls and everything that goes with them. Get out the macaroni and paint and make some pretty decorations for the tree! Use food coloring and you can cook them for Christmas dinner! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great idea. We were thinking about popcorn chains and then letting Abby snack whenever. Maybe some other homemade ornaments. So far there are left over candy canes from our faculty family Christmas party and the price tags. Sad... At least it was pre-lit.

    ReplyDelete