An irreverent look at motherhood and family life in a new state of normal.

Friday, January 15, 2010

See pretty dress?

Abby has picked up on the way we say things and complete sentences are forthcoming. She says, "See the pretty dress?" as she walks around wrapped in my nightgown like a little bat. It's so funny. Isn't is amazing to watch our kids get more and more aware of what is going on and how we are communicating.

I have realized that certain words (markers, paper, crackers, cookies, juice...) all have to be spelled now due to her knowing to much and us never hearing the end of how she want's to use the markers and papers. Problem, Andy and I aren't good spellers and even translating the others spelling can be rather difficult. We have to spell stuff slower and slower and Abby is going to know what we are saying before we do.

Back pain better. Going to the doctor (hopefully the good one) today. We'll see. Andy is going on a tour today and won't be back until tomorrow night. I hate that because I can't bend over so I have to rely on my 1 year old to pick up stuff and hand it to me. This game is only fun for a little while for her and she retreats to her room to jump on her trampoline.

Got a lot done on the cross stitch last night due to insomnia. Will post pictures soon. I've been working on it for a year and I'm not even half way done. Definitely a long term project. I'm not used to dragging stuff out this long and not tossing it or finishing it.

Good luck to all of you who are doing the 30 day shred with Jillian. Let me know how it works because I really want to do it in the end of April or the beginning of May.

2 comments:

  1. just wait until she learns what you are spelling! We have been spelling out GUM for quite awhile now and the other day Caleb said, "Mommy, I need some G-U-M right now for my mouth."

    Hope you get to feeling better soon! I understand the suckage of pregnancy all to well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Update: Dr. measured me and said I was big. Duh! Have you seen me lately? Anyway, I'm having an ultrasound to measure the weight and fluid and stuff. Then I'm going to probably be induced a week early just to make sure I'm not trying to pop out a full grown teenager. I'm ok with that. Better to plan with. Anyway, I hope the ultrasound says that everything is ok. I'm going to try and get Andy to go with me but it's during his classes and I don't know...

    ReplyDelete