An irreverent look at motherhood and family life in a new state of normal.

Friday, January 1, 2010

New Years? Really?

As we move into this new year, I feel annoyed with the fact that I can't make my usual New Years resolutions. Last year, I resolved to walk at least 3 times a week and did until pregnancy stopped me literally in my tracks. Now, I'm pregnant and the only New Years resolutions I can make should have nothing to do with weight as that will not even be feasible until I have this baby and heal.

It doesn't even feel like a new year. It just feels like a continuation of everything. It's all starting to run together. Is that normal for my age? Or maybe its because we are teachers and May is the real end of the year, then there is a break, then we get a new beginning in August.

Ok, so what can I resolve about this year? I want to be less judgmental. I want to have better relationships and have my mouth sewn shut. Those sound good.

Hope everyone had a great New Years. I drank fake bubbly and waited until midnight in my bathrobe and fuzzy socks at home with my husband who cares about me no matter what I look like. What more could a girl want?

No comments:

Post a Comment