An irreverent look at motherhood and family life in a new state of normal.

Friday, November 26, 2010

Let Him Have It

When my husband and I first got married, I didn't realize how much we did not have in common in terms of food.... and other things. But for the purposes of this blog, we are going to talk about food... and football.

I have been a Best Foods mayo girl FOREVER. I think this is a Kanen thing as Kanen's put mayo on EVERYTHING! (My dad can't eat broccoli without a little mayo on each tree.) Andy likes Miracle Whip which is practically sacrilege in my house. When we got married and I started doing the shopping, I was informed that mayo was fine but he really like Miracle Whip. So, in compromise, I bought a little jar of mayo and a little jar of Miracle Whip and that's how it is to this day. There is also a small jar of Adams crunchy peanut butter for Andy and a jar of reduced fat Jiff smooth peanut butter for me... and I could go on with the things we buy in double but you get the picture.

This year, we were gifted the leftovers of a succulent turkey that was carefully roasted by a friend for Thanksgiving. I love leftover turkey sandwiches. I am at Andy's brother's house for the holidays and apparently all the Adams are Miracle Whip people because that's all they have in the fridge. I DIE!

I used Miracle Whip (let me preface by saying that I have used it before... but I do not prefer it) and WOW! I will never eat another Bests Mayo leftover turkey sandwich again... unless there isn't Miracle Whip.

In other news, until I married Andy, I didn't know all the rules of football and although I'm not applying to be a ref for the Super Bowl, I can explain football (and sometimes I enjoy watching it) with the best of them.

What I'm saying is, I've learned alot from my man. That's what I'm thankful for this year. What has your significant other brought to your life? I want to hear about it! And so do they! Let them know. Every day they need affirmation that they are more than just a good roommate. Let them have it!

1 comment:

  1. I've discovered I am bi-polar: super happy and life-is-good with my man, angry, cranky, Why Me? without him. I tell him so.

    You're such a mayonnaise traitor!! Just buy Duke's and be DONE! ;)

    ReplyDelete