An irreverent look at motherhood and family life in a new state of normal.

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Goodbye, Grandma

Today I drove my mother-in-law to the airport where the girls and I waved a sad goodbye. Janet Adams is a GREAT MIL. She cooks, she cleans, she cans and she plays with and reads to the girls. She discusses things with me and provokes me to think about my life. It's always fun when grandma comes. Man, I'm going to miss her.

We walked several times during the week she visited. The air here in Montana is getting crisp and perfect for a nice brisk walk everyday. Now if it will only stay that way for a while. I kinda doubt it as every time I walk into a store there are snowsuits and Columbia ski jackets prominently displayed with the Halloween costumes. What with the smell of cooking apples in the house and the leaves blowing all around, I'm practically in Campbell Soup heaven this fall. It's GREAT!

No comments:

Post a Comment