An irreverent look at motherhood and family life in a new state of normal.

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Grouch

Here's my grouch... Andy works at a gym here teaching tumbling a few days a week. I take Abby to the same gym. It's a GREAT class. It's really a great gym. There is also an open gym time when you can take your kids in and they can just play. I have been paying at a discounted rate for the class and each open gym session. Last week, at open gym, there were only two other employee kids at the open gym. They didn't charge me but the people who are supposed to be on the floor basically left me to watch their kids while they stood around in the lobby and chatted. OK. Fine. I'm an employee's wife and I don't need to be watched carefully. I don't mind watching other peoples kids, especially if I'm getting a free gym. Then, today, they charged me, and left me with the kids. OK, one way or the other...

I mentioned it to the owner and she was on it like a fat kid on cake. Problem, the lady who is supposed to be on the floor was back in a flash and giving me the evil eye. I "told" on her and she was ticked. I don't know if I will go back. It's just to hard to complain. I had almost made up my mind to just leave it but... I like the gym. I want to go there and not be fuming the whole time while I pay to be a babysitter. Should I have just left it alone? Should I have just not gone back? I don't know. What do you think? Am I just an annoying grouch?

No comments:

Post a Comment