An irreverent look at motherhood and family life in a new state of normal.

Saturday, June 5, 2010

This Week in Alamosa...

I thought I would post a ton of pictures to tell you all that its not as bad as all that. I know I have been griping and moaning on the blog recently but I'm very happy to be here with my parents through this difficult transition and I'm really happy to have other family around, namely my sister, her kids, my aunt and uncle and the awesome friends I have down here.
When we got here, Andy and my dad were still on the road. We played with Grammy, Auntie Casey and her kids Davey and Sebbie. So here we are making Dani lion chains in the front yard.

Mom and Dad have a huge deck and yard so the kids have their own table to eat at. Easier clean up that way.

I put up this picture not only to show who my mom is and how awesomely adorable my Cate bug is, but also to point out the mirror in the background. Mom is sitting at the kitchen counter and there is a HUGE mirror hung right so that as you get something out of the fridge and turn to stuff your face, you get this side view of yourself. Not ideal when you are making doughnuts by the dozen, brownies by the 2 dozen and snaking on cheese anytime you can get it.

Here's a better shot of the mirror. Yeah, I know. I should be losing weight by now. Amazing how you learn to tune certain things out of your line of sight.

Took the kids on a train ride. There is a small train (just on passenger car this time and we were the only ones on it!) that goes from one small town to another in the valley. We took a ride because my nephew is obsessed with the railroad. He was in his glory. Look how loaded down my sister and I are. Two diapered kids, two potty training kids and grandma to busy taking pictures to help. All these bags are just NUTS. I felt like I was moving again. Oh, yeah. That's my sister, Casey.

Abby's like, "Didn't we just do this? But on an airplane? Are you insane to bring me on here?!" Fortunately, this train goes REALLY slow. There are no seat belts and we had the car all to ourselves so they could scream, run and make a general nuisance of themselves without annoying anyone but MOMMY!

There are also no screens on the open windows so your kid could fall out at anytime. We spent a significant amount of time keeping them IN the train.

They did have fun!

Here's the train.

Here's Sebbie hanging out of the window again. He just loves this stuff.

Abby... not so much.

Here is the conductor who came to hang out with us out of sheer boredom. He was way nice to the kids. Gave them all a Mr. or Mrs. Potato Head as this is the San Luis Valley Potato Express. Abby warmed right up to him.

The next day, Daddy was home and everyone was happy. Abby was very tired when he walked in the door. She just about didn't make it.

And here is my mom in her glory with all the grandkids. You try taking a picture of 4 kids under the age of 4 and have everyone looking at the camera! LOL!

And here's Cate just because she's so dang CUTE!

Abby decided she wanted to help Grandpa garden.

Yes, she is in her underwear.

And now she's in the flower box in her underwear...

...and having an absolute blast. Such serious work this is.

That same day she made up her own sport: gol-tenni-ball.

I put up pics of Cate just smiling and looking cute because that's all she does besides eat (and you are not getting pictures of that), puke (still don't want to post pics of that), and poop (NO ONE WANTS TO SEE THAT!) So here she is doing what we DO want to see, smiling!

Here we are in Sabbath School. Mommy did not attend church this week as she is sick as a dog.

Cate: I'm falling back! I'M FALLING BACK!

Abby: Will you stop touching me!? You are NOT falling...

Cate is getting the hang of sitting in her own chair at SS.

Not super in focus but way cute. Abby knows how to pray in SS.

 Auntie Casey usually teaches SS but she is out of town this weekend so Grammy filled in and Abby got to be her helper. That's my Aunt Denice in the background playing the piano.

Cate even got to hold something in SS. She doesn't know how she is holding it. She doesn't know how it is in front of her but she's fascinated by the pretty colors.

Then we both got to be flowers.


Ewwww... PUKE!!!

When we got home from church, Abby got into her underwear again and got in the pool because it was HOT here today.

But Mommy insisted she wear a bathing suit because company was coming.

Well, that's the news from Alamosa - where all the women are strong, all the men are good looking and all the children are above average.

No comments:

Post a Comment