An irreverent look at motherhood and family life in a new state of normal.

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Mom in Law

Toward the end of the kidney stone incident, my mother-in-law called her son and asked how he was doing. Sensing his desperation, as he was taking care of our toddler, dealing with the house, dog and still working full time, she called me and asked if I needed any help. Now I was drugged up and didn't need an help as Andy was doing all the work but HE needed help. I didn't realize how much he was doing until he came home and fell into bed leaving me drugged and with a toddler on my hands. He was really tired and needed a break from it all. When I started to feel less in a fog, I could see that between Academy life and parenthood, we were barely treading water. Mom is here now. She came down and when I went to pick her up at the airport, I almost started crying I was so relieved there was another set of hands. She has helped us catch up on housework and school work by watching Abby. I finally feel like there is light at the end of a very dark and dirty tunnel that is the time between now and recovery after the delivery.

In other news, I did not keep the kidney stone. It has been sent to the little kidney stone heaven as all bio-waste should be. It was quite large but it is gone now and I'm feeling much better. It's hard to say that I'm fine now as there is a 36 week old fetus sitting on my pelvis waiting to emerge but I do praise God every day that I'm not in the excruciating pain I was in before.

No comments:

Post a Comment