An irreverent look at motherhood and family life in a new state of normal.

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

The Waiting Room

Seinfeld has a whole bit about Dr.'s offices and the waiting rooms and all that and it's soooooo true. Yesterday, I went in for my annual invasive procedure. I waited with baited breath knowing that it was going to be totally uncomfortable but I would get through it with the usual humor and sarcasm. My experiences with doctors and this procedure have always yielded great blogs. Anyway, I waited and waited and after an hour of waiting and trying to entertain a two year old and make sure she doesn't pee on the rug, they put me in the next waiting room and then... they came in (I've been there for an hour and a half), the nurse comes in a tells me that the doctor is delivering a baby. "Your choices are: Wait for her to get done, or reschedule." Duh, I'm going to reschedule! What a let down... after all that waiting, nothing. Kinda like being the kicker for a football team. Game winning kick coming up in
3
2
1...
Just kidding! TIME OUT! Now you have to wait again.

Anyway... Today, I took Cate to the doctor and we waited again... for shots. I hate babies getting shots. Especially my baby. I cried when Abby got them and I cried again with Cate. Three sticks in the little chubby legs (she's in the 90th percentile in weight and height... chunky monkey) and she screamed bloody murder. I was sooooo sad for her. We cried together and she was to upset to eat so I just held her. She is still whimpering and it's been several hours. I think she's going to hate me forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment