An irreverent look at motherhood and family life in a new state of normal.

Friday, May 7, 2010

Cate Meets Pioneer Woman

My friend came over on Thursday and told me she was going to a Pioneer Woman book signing in Charlotte. Needless to say, I was very jealous. I knew it was happening but I knew I couldn't go on my own with a kid and all the craziness that entails. Then my friend texted me.

"I HAVE PINK EYE!"

I knew what that meant. No book signing for her.

After the customary (and very short) "Ohhh... I'm sorry. So what are you doing with your Pioneer Woman ticket?"

She was like... "Yeah, it's yours."

Ok, I never get to do ANYTHING! I'm broke all the time, I have two little kids and I hate changes in routine. Today was the exception. I jumped at the chance and after getting permission from Andy to leave him with a potty training two year old (who, incidentally, put him through the peeing and pooping ringer today) I raced off to see my favorite blogger... with Cate.

I was given the royal treatment. I was whisked down to Charlotte by my friends mother and aunt who were gracious and helpful. We were the first in line to get our books signed and we were in and out faster than you can say homemade doughnuts. I even got a picture taken with Ree, me and Cate (who was screaming bloody murder).

I'm chagrined to say that Pioneer Woman (Ree Drumond) is just as beautiful in person as she is in books. I guess I somehow hoped that she would be just like the rest of us and have gained 30 lbs. from her own recipes but she's quirky, funny, AND BEAUTIFUL... so not fair. Check her out at www.thepioneerwoman.com.

Although it would have been more fun WITH my friend, I'm glad I got to go and I feel like I have gotten "out." I can now settle back for another month or six of doing absolutely nothing and making Ree Drumond recipes out of my autographed cookbook.

1 comment:

  1. I can so hear you say that. You are crazy. I am glad you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete