An irreverent look at motherhood and family life in a new state of normal.

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

I know. Talk to the hand.

I'm sort of reposting something that I want to reiterate - again.

I know I'm fat. I don't need anyone telling me what I cry about every morning. I AM HUGE. I'm 25 weeks pregnant and I look like I could go at any moment.

Yesterday, I had pictures taken for the new church directory. The photographer asked when I was due and I told her with rolling eyes, "March."

She took a second look at my huge belly and asked the inevitable question they all ask, "Are you having twins?" I almost said something to the effect that she better be glad I had such a nice maternity wardrobe as I could pass it off to her later. Let me just say that she was obviously not pregnant.

I have been asked that question so many times, when I state my due date, I just hold up my hand and say, "I know, I'm huge," and walk away. I'm so sick of everyone telling me what a big belly I have. No pregnant woman wants to be told how huge she is. Once again, I will tell you all that no matter how "cute" we are (thank you, Beth), we don't want to be fat. Baby's are cute. Pudgy puppies are cute. Fat pregnant women are just tired and their ankles look like tree trunks. If they aren't as pregnant as you think they are, they are depressed as well. We aren't allowed to be anorexic like the rest of you because it could endanger the baby so SHUT IT!

I will tell you right now - Abby was 9 lbs 3 oz and I'm betting heavily on a 10 lb baby this time.

1 comment:

  1. People can be awful!! They don't even think! Callie you look GREAT, you have that wonderful glow about you!! You don't look like you are having twins, and you don't look as though you have trees for ankels!!!!!!!!!!! You are beautifully pregnant!!

    ReplyDelete